Zone’s Finance Fundamentals Course Topics include:
- Understanding Subsidiaries and Classifications used within NetSuite.
- Reviewing the Chart of Accounts.
- Items and Transactions that impact the financials of your company.
- Exploring General Ledger features – journal entries, budgeting and expense allocations.
- Closing the Month/Period in NetSuite and the associated tasks.
- Tailoring your NetSuite Dashboard to quickly access financial information and manage your related activities.
Exploring Account Setup – Identify subsidiary hierarchies and structure for accurate consolidated reporting. Define departments, classes and locations to track and measure areas of the business. Use this knowledge to create different types of accounts using a hierarchical structure or to restrict accounts to certain classifications or subsidiaries.
Examine Transactions and Items – Understand how transactions and items associated with selling and purchasing goods and services flow through your business processes and ultimately into your financial reports.
Review Accounts Receivable Activities – Walk through the Accounts Receivable process flow within Netsuite. Learn how to best maintain your customers, create invoices, generate and apply billing schedules to transactions, accept customer payments, and issue customer refunds and credits.
Banking and Payment Processing – Learn how to use NetSuite to make deposits, write checks, transfer funds, and reconcile your monthly bank and credit card statements.
Utilize GL Features – Create, edit and view the various types of journal entries in NetSuite. Create manual budgets or import budgets into NetSuite and enable the use of multiple budgets. Create allocation templates, apply the templates to an expense, and post expense allocation journals.
Period and End of Year Close – Improve your close process by examining the required tasks laid out in NetSuite’s close checklist.