Zone & Co’s Brand & Marketing team is hiring a Growth Marketer!
Zone & Co’s mission is to make life easier for finance teams by accelerating the development of groundbreaking cloud software built on the Oracle NetSuite platform, the #1 cloud ERP/Financials system supporting over 28,000 businesses globally. The company was founded in 2013 by Derek Zanga (CEO) and Errol Fagone (CTO) when they saw the untapped potential of NetSuite to handle advanced financial operations at scale. Zone’s portfolio of NetSuite software applications—Zone Apps—automate and consolidate critical financial data and workflows across business entities, from order-to-cash and accounts payable, to payments processing. For more information on Zone & Co and all its products, visit zoneandco.com or follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/zoneandco
About the Job
As a Growth Marketer, you’ll be responsible for structuring lead- and opportunity-generating marketing campaigns using owned and paid media, coordinating collateral to support Sales and Growth teams, and optimizing touch points in the buyer and customer journey with the intent of driving net-new, loyal Zone customers.
Your objective? Create tailored, engaging experiences that take our brand awareness efforts and turn our engaged audiences into converted customers. This will be accomplished through a few avenues:
- Account-based marketing initiatives done in partnership with our sales, business development and – at times – customer success teams
- aid advertising & media
- Supporting partner channel initiatives, and;
- Optimizing the performance Zone’s owned properties, like our website!
You will be considered the domain authority on Zone’s ideal customer and conversion strategy, in addition to how we optimize at the top, mid, and bottom levels of the funnel.
Along with having an analytical sense of direction, you’ll also need to have a decent understanding of SEO/SEM and CRO as we have a lot of room for growth in converting from our evergreen traffic generation (not just advertising). We know that evergreen content is a long-term game, don’t worry.
It’s also likely you’ll spend a lot of time with our Business Intelligence team to garner insights from various sources to guide content development and planning. Of course, audience consideration is an incredibly important piece of the puzzle. With this team, you’ll continue to refine our ideal customer profile and resulting target audiences.
You’ll also need a keen sense of empathy and a developed process for understanding the thinking, reasoning, decision-making, reactions, and guiding principles of the people we support in our business (i.e. leads, prospects, partners, potential talent, and customers). These should be guiding factors in building out the lead journey experience.
And of course, you love data and how it can help us analyze the past and better plan for the future. Your mind will help guide the marketing team on overarching strategy, execution and content amplification. This means reporting and planning is a big part of your role as well.
You know that great production doesn’t always turn into effective lead generation (it’s so much more than that), and that iteration is always better than perfection.
Here are some things to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing on the job:
- Build, execute and leverage top-of-funnel marketing campaigns (and coordinating assets) to capture and nurture net-new leads through to the conversion state
- Support campaign execution by using your expertise in audience segmentation
- Partner with the BDR & sales teams to identify and build key lead journeys based on lead source and vet against the buyer journey
- Identify how to further engage existing leads through multi-touch account-based marketing, email, paid advertising and social avenues
- Discover and monitor marketing automation triggers and workflows
- Create dashboards and reports that allow us to track campaign success and provide data-driven insights and optimization opportunities
- Evaluate website analytics to identify content improvements that may improve conversion rates through CRO efforts or experiments
- Help shift our acquisition strategy to an attraction-based model using research-driven content and depend less on advertising as a means to lower our CAC
- And more pending personal interests!
Growth Marketer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or self-guided experience in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working for a company or agency in a marketing, communications, or relative role
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that will allow you to productively interact with roles at all levels of an organization
- Adept at keyword placement, content optimization, CRO, and SEO best practices; familiar with social media metrics; and have basic technical knowledge of HTML, web publishing, and web traffic metrics
- Have proficiency in analyzing data and reporting it in a productive manner
- Knowledge in how to navigate and leverage CRM and marketing automation systems (i.e. HubSpot or Salesforce)
- Quantitative analysis skills including ability to translate into growth experiments, like A/B testing
- Proven successes in a professional demand generation or growth-oriented role
- Knowledge of B2B sales cycles
- Ability to create database segmentation strategies and implement digital data compliance, including privacy regulations
- A team player with exceptional organizational and technical skills
- Self-driven to take ownership of assignments and meet deadlines
Growth Marketer Would-be-awesome-but-not-required:
- Experience within a related industry such as software development, accounting, finance, or other professional service
- Experience publishing in Webflow
- Experience with or knowledge of the Oracle NetSuite market
- Experience with or knowledge of the order-to-cash or lead-to-revenue business cycle
- Experience with or knowledge of Problem Space Research (by Indi Young)
How to Apply:
Please submit an application by the end of April. Let us know why you’d like this job and why you want to work at Zone & Co. We value great communication and writing, so please be yourself, be creative, and take all the time you need. Please also include a portfolio of relevant work in whatever format you’d like. Either attach directly to your application, or include a link.
We expect it to take a little time to closely review all our applications. You may not hear from us until after the application window closes, but you will hear from us! Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during our review process. We see many applications for roles, and our small (but growing) team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage. We appreciate your understanding.
Interviews will take place in April and will be ongoing as applications are submitted. The early bird could potentially get the worm in this instance. Our interviews are conversations held with future peers – no tests, no surprises, no stale “tell me about a time…” questions. Just a few chats. We then hope to make offers at the end of March with a flexible start date any time between late April and early May. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. This is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we’re eager to further diversify our company. Zone & Co is committed to building an equitable, inclusive, and supportive place for you to do some of the greatest work of your career.
Benefits at Zone are all about helping you lead a fulfilling life outside of work. We know work is only one part of your life, so we do everything we can to support it. We offer fully paid parental leave. We provide an initial stipend for setting up your home office. It’s important to note that Zone & Co is a fully remote company, and this is a remote job. All on top of fully-covered, top-tier health insurance and unlimited vacation. See our full list.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. This is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we’re eager to further diversify our company. Zone & Co is committed to building an equitable, inclusive, and supportive place for you to do some of the greatest work of your career.
Zone and Co is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We’re excited to hear from you!